Montreal Python Workshop
Montreal Python is conducting workshops for non-programmers to learn programming. If you have zero experience programming computers, this is the workshop for you. (If you have very limited experience, or experience from long ago, that's OK: you'll fit right in too.)
 Time & Place
Date: March 29-30, 2013 (1.5 days: Friday evening, all day Saturday)
Location: Notman House, 51 Sherbrooke St W
This workshop is for people who identify as women, or their friends :) You can come if you are a woman or are invited by a woman.
- You need a laptop that you can bring to the workshop for the full 1.5 days.
- You need to be able to install software on that laptop.
To attend the workshops, please register on Eventbrite. If you are not yourself a woman, please indicate who is inviting you. If you register and then decide that you aren't attending, please update your status so that other people can come in your place.
(The workshop will take place Friday, March 29 and Saturday, March 30.)
- Friday evening, 6pm-9pm: set up your development environment, learn how to execute Python code from a file and interactively from a Python prompt, and learn about printing and using Python as a calculator.
- Saturday morning setup, 9:30am-10am: settle in, get your laphttps://openhatch.org/wiki/Montreal_Python_Workshoptop set up, and review Friday's material. We will start the lecture promptly at 10.
- Saturday morning, 10am-noon: a 2 hour lecture-based introduction to the language.
- Saturday lunch, noon-1pm: we'll provide lunch. Please e-mail us with dietary restrictions as you RSVP.
- Saturday afternoon, 1pm-4pm: break out into groups to practice Python through short projects on a variety of fun and practical topics.
- Saturday wrap-up, 4pm-4:30pm: wrap-up, next steps, and upcoming opportunities for learning and practicing Python.
- Friday evening setup
- Saturday morning lecture
- Saturday afternoon projects
- Code of conduct
- What can I do to learn more?
We're not able to provide childcare at this time. If this is stopping you from coming, please let us know so that we can do better in the future.
 Dietary restrictions
We are providing lunch on Saturday. If you have dietary restrictions, please include them with your RSVP to the event or e-mail us as you RSVP.
 Location & transportation
The workshop is being held at Notman House, 51 Sherbrooke St West, Montreal. It is sometimes cold there right now, so bring a sweater :)
The closest metro station to Notman House is St Laurent, and it's also on the 24 bus route. Google maps link: http://goo.gl/maps/aRDr0.