Financial Aid by conferences
The following conferences offer financial aid for participants to attend.
Large conference in North America centered around the Python language.
Multi-track conference with particular attention to programming languages and distributed systems.
Clojure conference on the West Coast in the Spring
- Link & Grant information 
Series of conferences focused on increasing women's participation in open source.
- Link: AdaCamp
- Financial Aid: It can be applied for via the application page for each AdaCamp.
Grace Hopper Conference
The largest gathering of women technologists.
- Link: Website
- Financial aid page: Link
- Note: Travel grants are available only for faculty and students.
Grad Cohort Workshop
- Link: Grad Cohort Workshop
- Note: The participants for the workshop will be chosen on some pre-determined basis.
- Eligibility criteria: Women students in their first, second or third year of graduate school in computer science and engineering or a closely related field, who are studying at a US or Canadian institution.
Data Mining Workshop
- Link: BPDM
Financial Aid for conference attendance by organizations
The following organizations offer aid to participants for attending conferences.
- Link: Wikimedia Foundation Grants
- Note: The trip should be in alliance with the WIkimedia movement.
- Link: Google Travel and Conference Grants
- Note: This is reserved for only some specific conferences. For conferences in North America, you are required to be an American citizen.