Goals for this OpenHatch release
- Work duration: July / August
- Release date: August 31
Not yet finished
- Website has an events calendar
- a) someone making sure calagator actually works - Done!
- b) someone installing it on the main server
- d) theming
- done to a (solid) first pass
- d.5) [Done] Jessica emails jcsims and asks him for sharing / permission / etc
- [I/P] Get email from jcsims [Done]
- d.75) someone writing login integration code for it - https://openhatch.org/bugs/issue494
- e) Asheesh writes a first draft of a policy document for what sorts of events we want on the calendar - http://openhatch.org/bugs/issue496
- f) we start seeding the calendar with events we know about
- Implement Mako's suggested changes to the site layout to improve publicity for events, listing events that are friendly to newcomers across all of open source
- Asheesh's next step: Email those suggestions to the Devel list, and/or file bugs. - https://openhatch.org/bugs/issue490
- Asheesh converts all the feedback he got during Open Source Bridge into bugs. - https://openhatch.org/bugs/issue491
- Migrate to OSL, so that OpenHatch Inc. isn't paying for hosting anymore.
- Assigned to Jack and Asheesh, mainly
- Make and implement plan for site outages / backups / optimization / etc
- Project page usability audit (to move focus from bugs to projects), write up detailed bugs (with mockups!)
- Audit done, bugs filed.
- IWH UI mockup is blocking on Karen; she aims to do that this iteration
- Jessica Ledbetter aims to improve the Mozilla bug importer
- Bash training mission has a plot / copy - https://openhatch.org/bugs/issue390
- See http://www.physics.ubc.ca/mbelab/computer/linux-intro/html/
- Paul and maybe Janet will hammer out the plot.
Things that are done
- Prominent links to the web forum from the training missions
- and probably a link somewhere in the main site lower-right nav?
- Next step: Someone has to decide where/what those links should be; the same or different person should submit patches. - https://openhatch.org/bugs/issue511, https://openhatch.org/bugs/issue512
- Really anyone (who cares about UI) could get this started
- Kill portfolio auto-importer