Difference between revisions of "Boston Python Workshop 4"
m (Protected "Boston Python Workshop 4" ([edit=autoconfirmed] (indefinite) [move=autoconfirmed] (indefinite)))
Revision as of 03:45, 26 September 2011
Welcome to the fourth Boston Python Workshop: a project-driven introduction to Python for women and their friends!
This workshop is running on the evening of Friday, September 30th, and all day Saturday, October 1st at MIT in Cambridge, MA.
To attend the workshop, please RSVP through the Boston Python Meetup. You'll need to create a Meetup account to RSVP. If you RSVP and then decide that you aren't attending, please update your status through the Meetup interface so we can notify someone from the waitlist.
You must be able to attend both days of the workshop to participate.
- Friday evening, 6pm-9pm: set up your development environment, learn how to execute Python code from a file and interactively from a Python prompt, and learn about printing and using Python as a calculator.
- Saturday morning setup, 9:30am-10am: settle in, get your laptop set up, and review Friday's material. We will start the lecture promptly at 10.
- Saturday morning, 10am-noon: a 2 hour lecture-based introduction to the language.
- Saturday lunch, noon-1pm: we'll provide lunch. Please e-mail us with dietary restrictions as you RSVP.
- Saturday afternoon, 1pm-4pm: break out into groups to practice Python through short projects on a variety of fun and practical topics.
- Saturday wrap-up, 4pm-4:30pm: wrap-up, next steps, and upcoming opportunities for learning and practicing Python.
Venue and Logistics
If you have questions about the event, please get in touch with us by sending mail to email@example.com.
MIT is hosting this event.
- On Friday, we'll be in room 4-149. That's MIT-speak for "building 4, room 149 on the 1st floor". See this map of campus for where building 4 is.
- On Saturday, we'll be in room 32-155. See this map of campus for where building 32 is. Building 32 is a distinctive building also known as the Stata Center.
Transportation and Parking
- The closest T stop is the Kendall T stop on the Red Line.
- The closest bus stop is the 84 Massachusetts Avenue stop on the #1.
- There is paid garage parking at 5 Cambridge Center and at 1 Kendall Square (by the Kendall Square Cinema).
If you need help making childcare arrangements to be able to attend this workshop, please get in touch with us.
We are providing lunch on Saturday. If you have dietary restrictions, please include them with your RSVP to the event or e-mail us as you RSVP.