Boston Python Workshop 4
Welcome to the fourth Boston Python Workshop: a project-driven introduction to Python for women and their friends!
This workshop is running on the evening of Friday, September 30th, and all day Saturday, October 1st at MIT in Cambridge, MA.
To attend the workshop, please RSVP through the Boston Python Meetup. You'll need to create a Meetup account to RSVP. If you RSVP and then decide that you aren't attending, please update your status through the Meetup interface so we can notify someone from the waitlist.
You must be able to attend both days of the workshop to participate.
- Friday evening, 6pm-9pm: set up your development environment, learn how to execute Python code from a file and interactively from a Python prompt, and learn about printing and using Python as a calculator.
- Saturday morning setup, 9:30am-10am: settle in, get your laptop set up, and review Friday's material. We will start the lecture promptly at 10.
- Saturday morning, 10am-noon: a 2 hour lecture-based introduction to the language.
- Saturday lunch, noon-1pm: we'll provide lunch. Please e-mail us with dietary restrictions as you RSVP.
- Saturday afternoon, 1pm-4pm: break out into groups to practice Python through short projects on a variety of fun and practical topics.
- Saturday wrap-up, 4pm-4:30pm: wrap-up, next steps, and upcoming opportunities for learning and practicing Python.
Venue and Logistics
If you have questions about the event, please get in touch with us by sending mail to email@example.com.
MIT is hosting this event.
On Friday, we'll be in room 4-149 On Saturday, we'll be in room 32-155
Transportation and Parking
- The closest T stop is the Kendall T stop on the Red Line.
- The closest bus stop is the 77 Massachusetts Avenue stop on the #1.
- There is metered parking with a 2 hour maximum along Massachusetts Avenue and Ames Street by MIT (you don't need meters after 8pm, so this might be a good option for Friday evening, but not Saturday).
- There is paid garage parking at 1 Kendall Square (by the Kendall Square Cinema) and at 5 Cambridge Center.
If you need help making childcare arrangements to be able to attend this workshop, please get in touch with us.
We are providing lunch on Saturday. If you have dietary restrictions, please include them with your RSVP to the event or e-mail us as you RSVP.