Chicago Python Workshop/Chicago Python Workshop 1
Welcome to the first Chicago Python Workshop: a project-driven introduction to Python for women and their friends!
Inspired by the Boston Python Workshop we are having one in Chicago with their help.
questions? mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
Friday, August 17th, 6pm-9pm
Saturday, August 18th, 9:30am-4:30pm
This is from the Boston group's pages. sounds like a good schedule to me.
- Friday evening, 6pm-9pm: set up your development environment, learn how to execute Python code from a file and interactively from a Python prompt, and learn about printing and using Python as a calculator.
- Saturday morning setup, 9:30am-10am: settle in, get your laptop set up, and review Friday's material. We will start the lecture promptly at 10.
- Saturday morning, 10am-noon: a 2 hour lecture-based introduction to the language.
- Saturday lunch, noon-1pm: we'll provide lunch. Please e-mail us with dietary restrictions as you RSVP.
- Saturday afternoon, 1pm-4pm: break out into groups to practice Python through short projects on a variety of fun and practical topics.
- Saturday wrap-up, 4pm-4:30pm: wrap-up, next steps, and upcoming opportunities for learning and practicing Python.
These are from the Boston group's pages. we can re-use them by-sa. I also would like to work out some new projects. Since Chicago has some very friendly APIs, we could interact with one of them, the CTA tracker, etc.
- Friday setup and tutorial
- Saturday lecture
- Saturday projects
- ColorWall slides
- wrap-up slides
- Friday CodingBat
- Saturday morning CodingBat
- Saturday afternoon CodingBat
Venue and Logistics
Address: 500 West Madison Street, Chicago, IL 60661
Transportation and Parking
Candidate Parking lots Presidential towers hotel has a [parking lot]