Columbus Python Workshop 1
Welcome to the first Columbus Python Workshop: a project-driven introduction to Python for women and their friends!
This workshop is running on the evening of Friday, January 18th, and all day Saturday, January 19th at Pillar's new headquarters in Columbus, Ohio's Short North.
Check out more photos from past workshops on Flickr.
To attend the workshop, please sign up at the Central Ohio Python Meetup site. You'll need to create a meetup.com account to RSVP. If you RSVP and then decide that you aren't attending, please update your status through the meetup.com interface so we can notify someone from the waitlist.
You must be able to attend both days of the workshop to participate.
If the event is full, please sign up for the wait list. If spots open up, meetup.com will let you know. We'll also give priority to wait-listers for future workshops.
- Friday evening, 6pm-9pm: set up your development environment, learn how to execute Python code from a file and interactively from a Python prompt, and learn about printing and using Python as a calculator.
- Saturday morning setup, 9:30am-10am: settle in, get your laptop set up, and review Friday's material. We will start the lecture promptly at 10.
- Saturday morning, 10am-noon: a 2 hour lecture-based introduction to the language.
- Saturday lunch, noon-1pm: we'll provide lunch. Please e-mail us with dietary restrictions as you RSVP.
- Saturday afternoon, 1pm-4pm: break out into groups to practice Python through short projects on a variety of fun and practical topics.
- Saturday wrap-up, 4pm-4:30pm: wrap-up, next steps, and upcoming opportunities for learning and practicing Python.
Venue and Logistics
If you have questions about the event, please get in touch with us by sending mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Transportation and Parking
We are providing lunch on Saturday. If you have dietary restrictions, please include them with your RSVP to the event or e-mail us as you RSVP.