Community Data Science Workshops (Fall 2014)/Day 1 projects/wordplay
Here are our examples:
1) Find all words that start with 'a' and are 9 or more letters long.
2) What is the longest word that starts with a 'q'?
3) Find all words that end with 'nge'
4) You need a word to match the phrase "a**e*y". Are there any words that match?
5) Print *every other* word that matches the condition in (1) above.
6) Find the longest string where no character is used > 1 time.
Now we're going to start finding points! You can use scrabble.scores to get the scores for every letter. But we're going to cheat: assume you have all the letters.
7) What is the most valuable word in the dictionary, and how much is it worth?
8) You want to match a word that starts with an 'a', has an 'e' in the 4th slot, and is no more than 7 characters long. What is the best word you can play?
(*) 9) Make a list that shows the most valuable word that starts with each letter.