Django for Designers/Laptop setup
Steps to get set up
Goal #1: Set up git
Goal #3: Set up Python
Goal #4: Prepare a text editor
Goal #5: Prepare the workshop code, via git
Goal #6: Create a special Python environment for the workshop
Goal #7: Checkoff
Demonstrate to your own satisfaction that the following things work:
- You can open a command prompt.
- You can use cd to get around.
- You can run git and see a help message (rather than "Command not found").
- You can run python in the command prompt.
- You have a text editor configured to use spaces to indent instead of tabs.
- You have done the git clone command to get the workshop code.
- You have a virtualenv where you have installed the workshop's dependencies.
- Give people a Django cheat sheet
- Asked jacobian!
- Play with the git://github.com/railsbridge-boston/railsbridge-boston.git code
Then enter: $ git branch my-branch-1
- Did you forget "git checkout"?
- TA guide should have instructions for addressing:
- If the student can't push during the Sharing section, and it is because they worked on local master, have them rename the branch
- do github in sharing
- get some TAs