Welcome to the Intermediate Python Workshop!
Date: Saturday, July 28th, 2012
Time: 10:30 am - 4:30 pm
Location: Microsoft New England R&D Center, One Memorial Drive, Cambridge, MA 02142
Audience: Intermediate Python programmers
Description: Level up your Python through your choice of a dozen bite-sized projects that introduce you to practical applications of the language. We’ll provide the projects and friendly helpers; you bring a laptop and enthusiasm. You’ll rotate through the projects that interest you the most at your own pace, and we’ll have breaks for lightning talks on awesome Python libraries and applications.
We’ll have bite-sized projects on the following topics, and more:
- Building Web Applications with Django
- Interacting with a Database in Python
- Data Analysis with Matplotlib
- The Twitter API
- Regular Expressions and Cheating at Words with Friends
To attend the workshop, please RSVP through the Boston Python user group. You'll need to create a meetup.com account to RSVP. If you RSVP and then decide that you aren't attending, please update your status through the meetup.com interface so we can notify someone from the waitlist.
If the event is full, please sign up for the wait list. If spots open up, meetup.com will let you know. We'll also give priority to wait-listers for future workshops.
- 10:30am - 12:00pm: Projects
- 12:00pm - 12:45pm: Lunch: meet fellow Pythonistas over pizza (sponsored by the Python Software Foundation!)
- 12:45pm - 1:00pm: Demos
- 1pm - 2:30pm: Projects
- 2:30pm - 2:45pm: Demos
- 2:45pm - 4:15pm: Projects
- 4:15pm - 4:30pm: Wrap-up
Please visit our project page for the full list of projects we've curated for this event.
Venue and Logistics
If you have questions about the event, please get in touch with us by sending mail to email@example.com.
This event is at Microsoft New England, on One Memorial Drive in Cambridge.
http://microsoftcambridge.com/About/Directions/tabid/89/Default.aspx has extensive directions to the venue.
Transportation and Parking
- The closest T stop is the Kendall T stop on the Red Line.
- The closest bus stop is the 84 Massachusetts Avenue stop on the #1.
- There is paid garage parking at 5 Cambridge Center and at 1 Kendall Square (by the Kendall Square Cinema).
If you need help making childcare arrangements to be able to attend this workshop, please get in touch with us.
We are providing lunch. If you have dietary restrictions, please include them with your RSVP to the event or e-mail us as you RSVP.
- Boston Python is on Twitter as @bostonpython. Tell your friends!