This is a place to share notes about OpenHatch.
Wondering what OpenHatch is? Check out the Events List.or ask us directly on #openhatch IRC channel on Freenode. You might also want to subscribe to our or
We're re-organizing! Pardon the mess.
Want to get involved with OpenHatch? The easiest and best way to do that is to join us on IRC. We have two regular monthly meetings - a release meeting, and an "IRC office hour" - which you can get alerted about by joining the mailing list. Or you can just come by! There's almost always someone hanging about.
Specific ways you can get involved
- Work on one of the issues in our issue tracker.
- Work on a hand-picked first task from one of our affiliated projects.
- Do you contribute to or maintain an open source project? Make it an affiliated project.
- Add information to a wiki page:
- Open Source Comes to Campus is a series of weekend workshops at colleges to teach students how to get involved in open source software.
- Python Workshops
- Other events
More OpenHatch guides and materials
Other useful pages
- Google Summer of Code
- We use PiratePads to do collective editing.
- Case studies of how people got involved in open source projects
- Mission suggestions
- Student immersion
- Getting the word out
- Abandonware - How to revive an abandoned project.
- Big picture (Feb 2011) thinking
- Build it
Pages that are inactive
You can find archived pages in Category:Archived.