This is a place to share notes about OpenHatch.
Wondering what OpenHatch is? Check out the Events List.or ask us directly on #openhatch IRC channel on Freenode. You might also want to subscribe to our or
We're re-organizing! Pardon the mess.
Want to get involved with OpenHatch? The easiest and best way to do that is to join us on IRC. We have two regular monthly meetings - a release meeting, and an "IRC office hour" - which you can get alerted about by joining the mailing list. Or you can just come by! There's almost always someone hanging about.
Specific ways you can get involved
- add or address an issue in openhatch
- work on a first task
- add a bug tracker to /search
- write a guest blog post about your experiences with open source
- become an oh-affiliated project
- add information to some of these pages:
- the oss_projects_by_domain
- Open Source books
- open science for undergraduates
- other pages?
- Open Source Comes to Campus is a series of weekend workshops at colleges to teach students how to get involved in open source software.
- Python Workshops
- Other events
Other useful pages
- Django for Designers
- We use PiratePads to do collective editing.
- Case studies of how people got involved in open source projects
- Mission suggestions
- Student immersion
- Getting the word out
- Abandonware - How to revive an abandoned project.
- Big picture (Feb 2011) thinking
- Build it
Pages that are inactive
You can find archived pages in Category:Archived.