Jump to navigation Jump to search
linode.openhatch.orgis the main OpenHatch box, which runs the website.
linode2.openhatch.orgis the secondary server for OpenHatch. It hosts the Hudson continuous integration server, as well as Nagios!
- The Nagios configuration is owned by a user called nagios on linode2.openhatch.org.
- We use ssh keys for login.
- If you want SSH access to that account, file a bug requesting it, and attach an SSH key. You should hear back within 2 days; if you don't hear back by then, try to find paulproteus or jesstess on IRC.
- Then you can do:
- You'll know it's working if you are logged in. If you see a "Password:" prompt, then it is not working.
- Nagios notifications go to firstname.lastname@example.org. Anyone can subscribe to this list or read its archives.
Viewing the web interface, and handling the daemon
~/nagios/secrets/contains the mailman and Nagios web interface passwords.
- View the Nagios web interface at
- To restart the Nagios daemon, run
sudo /etc/init.d/nagios3 restart
In case of emergency
- See Emergency operations for the openhatch server. People with ssh keys set up for the Linode Shell (Lish) can reboot the box and have other limited emergency capabilities.
- Send Nagios notifications to IRC (
- Make the Nagios web interface world-viewable.
- Version the monitoring configurations.
- Send SMS alerts to people who want them.
- Add historical trending (Munin)?