Open Source Comes to Campus: CCSF
This workshop is running Sat, June 29.
Audience: anyone interested in getting started contributing to open source projects (in any capacity, including code, documentation, artwork, translations, and more). Additionally, the tools and skills we'll cover are universally useful and aren't typically taught in school, so anyone with an interest in the material is welcome to sign up and attend!
- More info, and signup: http://ccsf.openhatch.org/.
- 9:30am: Open Source Communication Tools: how we can use git to make patches!
- 10:15: Version control
- 11 (30 min) History & ethics of free software
- 11:30 (30 min) Career panel
- 12:00 Lunch (1h seemed long to me at JHU)
- 1:00pm Github demo (30 min or so, maybe up to 45)
- 1:30pm onwards, projects time, and we explain how that works
- 4:45pm: wrap up
- 6 pm: We should be out of the room so the janitors can close the building down.