- Students go through a real project and submit changes to a real project that has a decent chance of landing upstream.
- Students get experience compiling a real project and reading through real bugs.
- 10:30 AM: Event starts, with breakfast and coffee
- 10:30 - 11:30: Pick an open source project to work on, discussing the options and playing with a few
- 11:30 - 12:30: First hour of hacking
- 12:30 - 1:30: Lunch
- 1:30 - 4:30: More hacking, with hourly check-ins
- 4:30 - 5:00: Wrap-up and discussion of next steps
- We should have some well-tested "How to set up a development environment" instructions for a variety of projects
- We should have some hand-picked high-quality bugs for students to work on