What to expect as a staffer
Open Source Communication Tools
The slides I use for this talk can be found [asdad | here]. These are modified from a version graciously provided by Jessica McKellar. There are substantial notes in the ODP file which can be viewed by going to the "Notes" tab.
- Slides 1-7 (#7 is titled 'Version Control')
- Version Control Demo
- Slide 8 (#8 is titled 'Sharing changes: diff and patch')
- Diff and Patch Demo
- Slide 9-10 (#10 is titled 'Issue Trackers')
- Issue Tracker Demo
- Slide 11 (#11 is titled 'IRC')
- * IRC Demo
- Slide 12-18
Version Control Demo
Go to the Wikipedia page for the host institution, e.g. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wellesley_College and http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Wellesley_College&action=history. The presenter of this talk will explore the page more thoroughly later.
I also suggest, while you are out of the ODP presentation, showing the German law Git repository as an example of version control for things other than code.
Diff and Patch Demo
Issue Tracker Demo
Introduction to the Command Line
--link to website?--
Introduction to Version Control
--get text of previous talk--
Ethics and History of Free Software
- Join our general mailing list.
- Join the alumni mailing list.
- Hang out with us on IRC.
- Training missions?
- Bug list?
- Programs like GSoC and GNOME outreach.