Please format disciplines in the following way:
- Name of Discipline
- OSS that is commonly used within the discipline, that an undergraduate reasonably might know about.
- There can be multiple projects!
- This are projects that are less well known or highly specific, but still active and interesting.
- There can be multiple projects
- Feel free to include your name & bibliographical info/url, if you want, or leave it anonymous
- Links to places to find more info.
For additional projects, you can look through the Wikipedia page on free science software.
Most Common Departments
Less Common Departments
- Aeronautics and astronautics
- Atmospheric sciences
- Recommended: R
- Recommended: Python Natural Language Toolkit
- Other: Joshua Machine Translation Toolkit, List of open source statistical NLP tools, Kura, a multi-user open source linguistic database; Sourceforge.net list of language-related software, Apertium open source machine translation; LINGUIST email discussion list and software index
- Materials science