< Static site hosting
Revision as of 18:54, 18 June 2013 by
Note: This guideline is written by Shauna, for Shauna. You will likely have to adapt it to your needs/permissions - please do contact us if you need help!
To create an event webpage in the style of this one:
- Fork the template repository (as Github limits the number of forks an individual can make of a single repo, you may need to fork a different oh-campus site or email Github to request your previous forks be made free-standing repositories.)
- Change repository name to reflect event
- Change colors if needed (I like to use school colors)
- Change text: date, time, location, name of hosts
- Create a new sign up form for the event (may just duplicate previous ones) and change the link on the website.
- Add, commit, and push changes back to Github.
- Ask Asheesh to create the Nearly Free Speech.net site.
- Hopefully this will have better instructions eventually
- Log into linode.com (username openhatch, password a terrible secret) and create a new CNAME record
- Go to DNS manager and click 'Create new CNAME record'
- Alias <campusname>.openhatch.org to oh<campusname>.nfshost.com
- Also alias www.<campusname> to <campusname>
- SSH into linode
- cp -a some_old_dir some_new_dir
- cd some_new_dir
- rm -rf data
- git clone git://github.com/openhatch/oh-whatever-it-is.git data
- edit and run ./update_and_push