Here are some ideas for getting the word out, about free software and programming outreach events that are targeted at women.
Some events are women-only, and other events are open-invitation. Use your judgment as to what groups listed her are more and less likely to be interested in your announcement.
Women in tech-oriented web publications
- The Geek Feminism blog has a bunch of contributors who write for it. Get in touch with one, and ask him/her to write a note about your event.
Tech-y multi-college groups
- Students for Free Culture: Asheesh can post a note to the FC-Discuss list
Colleges and universities
- Asheesh has contacts at Johns Hopkins, and can send a note there (either to the ACM computer club) or to the women's group (see below)
Women's colleges and universities
- Bryn Mawr CS
- Wellesley computer science
Women's groups at all-gender institutions
- Carnegie Mellon Women in CS
- Harvey Mudd women in CS
- Penn women in CS
- Johns Hopkins women in CS