First Tasks: Difference between revisions
|(3 intermediate revisions by the same user not shown)|
= Merge Stories =
Temporary IRC channel for this event: #openhatch-mergestories
* [https://github.com/openhatch/oh-contribution-stories/issues/47 Remove relics from google forms]: Our submission form used to be a google form, and still has some unnecessary google-related CSS. Can you help us out by removing it?
* [https://github.com/openhatch/oh-contribution-stories/issues/37 Add a field to the submission form]: Story submittors should be able to link to their websites from their stories. Add an optional field to the submission form so they can do so.
* [https://github.com/openhatch/oh-contribution-stories/issues/33 Add a favicon]: Add a tiny icon to our url bar!
* [https://github.com/openhatch/oh-contribution-stories/issues/31 Add a 'read more' link to featured stories]
Description: WelcomeBot is an IRC bot designed to welcome people into the #openhatch IRC channel (although it can be easily adapted for use in other channels). It is written in python, and features the [http://docs.python.org/2/library/socket.html socket module].
* [https://github.com/shaunagm/WelcomeBot/issues/20 Test setup instruction] Can you try to get the bot running indefinitely and let us know if our instructions for how to do so need improvement? Great task for someone who wants to learn a new command line skill!
Harder tasks that may still be fun:
* [https://github.com/shaunagm/oh-irc-bot/issues/10 Bot goes offline silently] - Every couple of weeks, the bot experiences a bug and turns off silently. Investigate tools like cronjob, monit, nagios, etc so that we can get a notification if it goes offline.
* [https://github.com/shaunagm/WelcomeBot/pull/25 Help refactor this pull request so we can merge it] - Another contributor made a pull request that let WelcomeBot reply in private message when pinged in private message. Unfortunately, this was done right in the middle of a big refactoring of code. Can you help out by taking this person's code and making a new pull request out of it?