This is a place to share notes about OpenHatch.
Wondering what OpenHatch is? Check out the <span class="plainlinks">[http://openhatch.org/ main site]</span> or ask us directly on #openhatch IRC channel on Freenode. You might also want to subscribe to our <span class="plainlinks">[http://lists.openhatch.org/mailman/listinfo/devel mailing list]</span> or [http://campuscultr.com/events.php Events List].
We're re-organizing! Pardon the mess.
== Contribute ==
Want to get involved with OpenHatch? The easiest and best way to do that is to [http://openhatch.readthedocs.org/en/latest/community/contact.html join us on IRC]. We have two regular monthly meetings - a release meeting, and an "IRC office hour" - which you can get
alerted about by joining the [http://lists.openhatch.org/mailman/listinfo/devel mailing list]. Or you can just come by! There's almost always someone hanging about.
You can also browse
around our [https://github.com/openhatch/ source code] and our [http://openhatch.readthedocs.org/en/latest/ documentation].
===== Specific ways you can get involved =====
add or address an issue in openhatch
work on a first task
* add a bug tracker to /search
* write a guest blog post about your experiences with open source
* become an oh-affiliated project
* add information to some of these pages:▼
** the oss_projects_by_domain ▲
some of these
** open science for undergraduates
** other pages? ▲
== OpenHatch events ==
* [[Open_Source_Comes_to_Campus | Open Source Comes to Campus]] is a series of weekend workshops at colleges to teach students how to get involved in open source software.
* Python Workshops
** [[ Boston Python workshop]]
** [[Philadelphia Python Workshop]]
** [[Chicago Python Workshop]]
** [[Dayton Python Workshop]]
** [[SF Python workshop, October 2012]]
* Other events
== Releases ==
Other useful pages ==
* [[Django for Designers]]
* We use [[PiratePads]] to do collective editing.
* [[Case studies]] of how people got involved in open source projects
* [[Student immersion]]
* [[Getting the word out]]
* [[Abandonware]] - How to revive an abandoned project.
* [[Big picture (Feb 2011)]]
* [[Build it]]
* [[Thinking about missions]]▼
== Thinking-out-loud pages ==
* [[Thinking about missions]]
* [[Choosing a forum]]
* [[GSoC 2013]]
* [[Python user groups 2013]]
== Pages that are inactive ==