Boston Python Workshop 7
Welcome to the seventh Boston Python Workshop: a project-driven introduction to Python for women and their friends!
This workshop is running on the evening of Friday, November 2nd, and all day Saturday, November 3rd at MIT in Cambridge, MA.
Check out more photos from past workshops on Flickr.
To attend the workshop, please RSVP through the Boston Python user group. You'll need to create a meetup.com account to RSVP. If you RSVP and then decide that you aren't attending, please update your status through the meetup.com interface so we can notify someone from the waitlist.
You must be able to attend both days of the workshop to participate.
If the event is full, please sign up for the wait list. If spots open up, meetup.com will let you know. We'll also give priority to wait-listers for future workshops.
- Friday evening, 6pm-9pm: set up your development environment, learn how to execute Python code from a file and interactively from a Python prompt, and learn about printing and using Python as a calculator.
- Saturday morning setup, 9:30am-10am: settle in, get your laptop set up, and review Friday's material. We will start the lecture promptly at 10.
- Saturday morning, 10am-noon: a 2 hour lecture-based introduction to the language.
- Saturday lunch, noon-1pm: we'll provide lunch. Please e-mail us with dietary restrictions as you RSVP.
- Saturday afternoon, 1pm-4pm: break out into groups to practice Python through short projects on a variety of fun and practical topics.
- Saturday wrap-up, 4pm-4:30pm: wrap-up, next steps, and upcoming opportunities for learning and practicing Python.
- Friday setup and tutorial
- Saturday lecture
- Saturday projects
- ColorWall slides
- wrap-up slides
- Friday CodingBat
- Saturday morning CodingBat
- Saturday afternoon CodingBat
Venue and Logistics
If you have questions about the event, please get in touch with us by sending mail to email@example.com.
MIT is hosting this event.
We'll be in room 4-231 on Friday. That's MIT-speak for "building 4, room 231 on the 2nd floor". See this map of campus for where building 4 is.
Transportation and Parking
- The closest T stop is the Kendall T stop on the Red Line.
- The closest bus stop is the 84 Massachusetts Avenue stop on the #1.
- There is paid garage parking at 5 Cambridge Center and at 1 Kendall Square (by the Kendall Square Cinema).
If you need help making childcare arrangements to be able to attend this workshop, please get in touch with us.
We are providing lunch on Saturday. If you have dietary restrictions, please include them with your RSVP to the event or e-mail us as you RSVP.