Welcome to the eighth Boston Python Workshop: a project-driven introduction to Python for women and their friends!
This workshop is running on the evening of Friday, July 12th, and all day Saturday, July 13th at MIT in Cambridge, MA.
Check out more photos from past workshops on Flickr.
To attend the workshop, please RSVP through the Boston Python user group. You'll need to create a meetup.com account to RSVP. If you RSVP and then decide that you aren't attending, please update your status through the meetup.com interface so we can notify someone from the waitlist.
You must be able to attend both days of the workshop to participate.
If the event is full, please sign up for the wait list. If spots open up, meetup.com will let you know. We'll also give priority to wait-listers for future workshops.
- Friday evening, 6pm-9pm: set up your development environment, learn how to execute Python code from a file and interactively from a Python prompt, and learn about printing and using Python as a calculator.
- Saturday morning, 10am-noon: a 2 hour lecture-based introduction to the language.
- Saturday lunch, noon-1pm: we'll provide lunch. Please e-mail us with dietary restrictions as you RSVP.
- Saturday afternoon, 1pm-3pm: Python practice through short projects on a variety of fun and practical topics.
- Saturday wrap-up, 3pm-3:30pm: wrap-up, next steps, and upcoming opportunities for learning and practicing Python.
Venue and Logistics
If you have questions about the event, please get in touch with us by sending mail to email@example.com.
MIT is hosting this event.
The workshop is in the Stata Center on MIT's main campus, at 32 Vassar Street. The Stata Center is also called building 32.
We are in room 32-082 in the Stata Center. That's MIT-speak for "building 32, room 082 in the basement". See this map of campus for where building 32 is. The Stata Center is an unmistakably distinctive building:
Transportation and Parking
- The closest T stop is the Kendall T stop on the Red Line.
- The closest bus stop is the 84 Massachusetts Avenue stop on the #1.
- There is paid garage parking at 5 Cambridge Center and at 1 Kendall Square (by the Kendall Square Cinema).
If you need help making childcare arrangements to be able to attend this workshop, please get in touch with us.
We are providing lunch on Saturday. If you have dietary restrictions, please include them with your RSVP to the event or e-mail us as you RSVP.