Chicago Python Workshop/Chicago Python Workshop 2
Chicago Python Workshop
Welcome to the second Chicago Python Workshop: a project-driven introduction to Python for women and their friends! This workshop is for women and their friends who have no or VERY limited programming experience. This event is welcoming and respectful of trans women. Men are welcome as guests of women who are attending (please RSVP and have your friend send us a note).
This workshop is running on the evening of Friday, December 7th, and all day Saturday, December 8th at RedHat offices in Chicago, IL.
Questions? mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
This event is perfect for you if you are NOT familiar with programming language basics, such as operators, flow control, functions; and data types like lists, dictionaries, strings.
To attend the workshop, please RSVP through the Chicago Python Workshop MeetUp. You'll need to create a meetup.com account to RSVP. If you RSVP and then decide that you aren't attending, please update your status through the meetup.com interface so we can notify someone from the waitlist.
- Friday evening, 6pm-9pm: set up your development environment, learn how to execute Python code from a file and interactively from a Python prompt, and learn about printing and using Python as a calculator.
- Saturday morning setup, 9:30am-10am: settle in, get your laptop set up, and review Friday's material. We will start the lecture promptly at 10.
- Saturday morning, 10am-noon: a 2 hour lecture-based introduction to the language.
- Saturday lunch, noon-1pm: we'll provide lunch. Please e-mail us with dietary restrictions as you RSVP.
- Saturday afternoon, 1pm-4pm: break out into groups to practice Python through a short project.
- Saturday wrap-up, 4pm-4:30pm: wrap-up, next steps, and upcoming opportunities for learning and practicing Python.
101 North Wacker Drive #150
Transportation and Parking
- The brown line has an `L' stop nearby. Check the cta alerts page for information on weekend schedules
- Plan a public transportation route with Trip Planner
- Union and Ogilvie Transportation Center stations are in walking distance
Driving and Parking
- to be continued
We are providing a light breakfast and a full lunch on Saturday. If you have dietary restrictions, please include them with your RSVP to the event or e-mail us as you RSVP.
- Many of us are members of chipy. We have a mailing list and some of us like to hang out on the #chipy irc channel on freenode.net. Chipy meets every 2nd Thursday of the month.
- Many of us are also members of Pumping Station: One. Every 1st and 3rd Thursday of the month we have python office hours. Check the events calendar for python events and other PS:One activities.