Meeting/weekly/2011-11-05

From OpenHatch wiki
Jump to navigation Jump to search

This is a minutes page from one of our OpenHatch meetings.

You can find a list of all our meetings here.

#openhatch Meeting[edit]

Meeting started by paulproteus at 20:03:17 UTC. The full logs are available at https://openhatch.org/meeting-irc-logs/openhatch/2011-11-05.log.html .


Meeting summary[edit]

  • Say hi (paulproteus, 20:03:24)
    • Hey now everybody now. (paulproteus, 20:03:29)
  • What we've been working on, and what we want help with (paulproteus, 20:09:14)
    • paulproteus has been spending a bunch of time with the bug importer (paulproteus, 20:09:46)
    • One of the historical big obstacles that prevented us from making bug downloading be driven by web forms was that we used to have lots of custom code per bug tracker that handled special cases within some trackers. Now we can handle those special cases by pointing the bug tracker object at a custom bug parser class that overrides a few methods to extract data we need. (paulproteus, 20:12:04)
    • paulproteus is working on creating the OpenHatch non-profit, which is going reasonably well, but the hard part (conversations with IRS) haven't started yet. (paulproteus, 20:16:02)
    • LINK: http://rose.makesad.us:9000/ updated! (paulproteus, 20:32:00)
    • ACTION: paulproteus will try to test out a vertical layout for the front page based on the front_page_demo design (paulproteus, 20:32:53)
    • ACTION: paulproteus will try to merge the "pay it forward" box and the "Join and improve the project" box (paulproteus, 20:33:15)
  • Release plan (paulproteus, 20:34:54)
    • ACTION: paulproteus will email Boston Python user group list to see if people want to help out (paulproteus, 20:44:46)
    • ACTION: paulproteus will send the email to Boston Python requesting helpers within 4 days (paulproteus, 20:51:04)
  • What we hope to work on this week (paulproteus, 20:52:01)
    • ACTION: paulproteus will tag+release 0.11.10 on the end of Sunday. (paulproteus, 20:52:23)
    • ACTION: aldeka will integrate design feedback and try to make paper prototypes for the redesign exist (aldeka, 20:53:36)
    • ACTION: paulproteus will get the ball rolling on the P2PU class (paulproteus, 20:53:54)
    • aldeka gave a talk at Wikimedia about free software outreach and there will eventually be video (paulproteus, 20:55:27)
    • ACTION: aldeka will figure out how to screencast a talk and do so for wikimedia (aldeka, 20:56:28)


Meeting ended at 20:59:42 UTC.


Action items[edit]

  • paulproteus will try to test out a vertical layout for the front page based on the front_page_demo design
  • paulproteus will try to merge the "pay it forward" box and the "Join and improve the project" box
  • paulproteus will email Boston Python user group list to see if people want to help out
  • paulproteus will send the email to Boston Python requesting helpers within 4 days
  • paulproteus will tag+release 0.11.10 on the end of Sunday.
  • aldeka will integrate design feedback and try to make paper prototypes for the redesign exist
  • paulproteus will get the ball rolling on the P2PU class
  • aldeka will figure out how to screencast a talk and do so for wikimedia


Action items, by person[edit]

  • aldeka
    • aldeka will integrate design feedback and try to make paper prototypes for the redesign exist
    • aldeka will figure out how to screencast a talk and do so for wikimedia
  • paulproteus
    • paulproteus will try to test out a vertical layout for the front page based on the front_page_demo design
    • paulproteus will try to merge the "pay it forward" box and the "Join and improve the project" box
    • paulproteus will email Boston Python user group list to see if people want to help out
    • paulproteus will send the email to Boston Python requesting helpers within 4 days
    • paulproteus will tag+release 0.11.10 on the end of Sunday.
    • paulproteus will get the ball rolling on the P2PU class


People present (lines said)[edit]

  • paulproteus (91)
  • aldeka (65)
  • sufjan (2)