Meetings/weekly/2011-11-19

From OpenHatch wiki
Jump to navigation Jump to search

This is a minutes page from one of our OpenHatch meetings.

You can find a list of all our meetings here.

#openhatch Meeting[edit]

Meeting started by paulproteus at 21:08:20 UTC. The full logs are available at https://openhatch.org/meeting-irc-logs/openhatch/2011-11-19.log.html .


Meeting summary[edit]

  • Say hi! (pythonian4000, 21:14:19)
    • hi all! (paulproteus, 21:14:49)
    • Hi everyone! (pythonian4000, 21:15:33)
  • Talk about what we're working on, and what we want help with (paulproteus, 21:17:42)
    • paulproteus has been working on moving more of the bug trackers to the new framework (paulproteus, 21:18:02)
    • pythonian4000 is very pleased with that =D (pythonian4000, 21:18:21)
    • jesstess is working on a Google RISE application for OpenHatch campus events. See http://googleforstudents.blogspot.com/2011/11/google-rise-awards-apply-now-for-2012.html for more details. (jesstess, 21:19:18)
    • jesstess is also updating openhatch.org/about (jesstess, 21:20:05)
    • ACTION: paulproteus will make sure jesstess has an up-to-date blurb+photo for himself for the new about page (paulproteus, 21:21:45)
    • ACTION: paulproteus will email OH-Dev with info from glyph for how we can use Twisted better (paulproteus, 21:23:44)
    • LINK: https://openhatch.org/bugs/issue391 is not truly super easy, but is fairly self-contained and teaches about the Django ORM and unit testing, for someone already comfortable with Python. (paulproteus, 21:34:57)
    • LINK: http://openhatch.org/bugs/issue505 might qualify if it were more specific on the ticket (paulproteus, 21:36:54)
    • LINK: http://openhatch.org/bugs/issue392 maybe? (paulproteus, 21:40:10)
  • Release planning (paulproteus, 22:02:33)
    • LINK: https://openhatch.org/wiki/0.11.11 is the release plan (paulproteus, 22:02:45)
    • ACTION: paulproteus will check in with jslootbeek about progress on the IWH handler backend (paulproteus, 22:08:58)
  • Specific things that individuals aim to do in the next week (paulproteus, 22:10:29)
    • ACTION: aldeka will turn in her board bio and picture later today (aldeka, 22:11:51)
    • ACTION: aldeka will continue working on the redesign (aldeka, 22:12:03)
    • ACTION: paulproteus will create a VM where he can reproduce the site falling over, and use that as a test-bed for changes to make it not fall over (paulproteus, 22:12:57)


Meeting ended at 22:14:19 UTC.


Action items[edit]

  • paulproteus will make sure jesstess has an up-to-date blurb+photo for himself for the new about page
  • paulproteus will email OH-Dev with info from glyph for how we can use Twisted better
  • paulproteus will check in with jslootbeek about progress on the IWH handler backend
  • aldeka will turn in her board bio and picture later today
  • aldeka will continue working on the redesign
  • paulproteus will create a VM where he can reproduce the site falling over, and use that as a test-bed for changes to make it not fall over


Action items, by person[edit]

  • aldeka
    • aldeka will turn in her board bio and picture later today
    • aldeka will continue working on the redesign
  • jesstess
    • paulproteus will make sure jesstess has an up-to-date blurb+photo for himself for the new about page
  • paulproteus
    • paulproteus will make sure jesstess has an up-to-date blurb+photo for himself for the new about page
    • paulproteus will email OH-Dev with info from glyph for how we can use Twisted better
    • paulproteus will check in with jslootbeek about progress on the IWH handler backend
    • paulproteus will create a VM where he can reproduce the site falling over, and use that as a test-bed for changes to make it not fall over


People present (lines said)[edit]

  • paulproteus (87)
  • jesstess (22)
  • pythonian4000 (22)
  • aldeka (17)
  • Jilly_ (11)
  • marym (3)
  • sufjan (3)