OpenHatch event code of conduct/Attendee procedures
Keep in mind that all workshop staff will be clearly marked as staff by badges. The staff will be prepared to handle incidents. All of our staff are informed of the code of conduct and will be informed on how to deal with harassment at the workshop.
Report the harassment incident to a staff member. All reports are confidential. When reporting the event to staff, try to gather as much information as available, but do not interview people about the incident. Staff will assist you in writing the report/collecting information.
The important information consists of:
- Identifying information of the participant doing the harassing
- The behavior that was in violation
- The approximate time of the behavior (if different than the time the report was made)
- The circumstances surrounding the incident
- Other people involved in the incident