Software Freedom Day 2011 Boston/Checklist
Before leaving home, bring:
- Power strip
- Laptop, laptop power cable
- Cell phone, cell charger
- Digital camera, with working SD card
- Box of Windows-oriented DVDs, and Ubuntu CDs, and Mac-oriented DVDs
At 9 AM, get to venue.
While there, ask http://www.theupsstorelocal.com/0681/ about:
- Printing welcome sheet, x100 
- Printing drink tickets
At 9:30 AM, configure mizmo's laptop to do VGA out.
At 10 AM, start getting Ignite talkers to find me and give me slides. Configure freedeb's laptop to do VGA out.
At 10:30 AM, introduce the event (BRIEFLY) and freedeb and mizmo.
At 11 AM, introduce Ignite format.
- Friday: Find a second projector
- Asheesh will bring Mako's!
- General: Get a stool so dpic doesn't have to stand
- Deb will bring one from home on Saturday.
- Sound: We have 2 microphones.
- Do they work?
- Do they put sound into an appropriate place in the room?
- If not, we can make a plan to bring an amp or speakers.
- Buy power strips and/or extension cords (CC is providing some)
- Visit the space to find out what we need (Or we can call Jane)
- Drink tickets?
- Deb will make them at home and bring them on Saturday to the venue.
- Will we hand these out during registration, when people arrive, or at the party?
- Make time during the After-party to get all the volunteers into the same corner and say thank you
- We need to replace Jesse Vincent.
- Either with nothing, or with a surprise talk by Robot101.
- Asheesh asked Robot101. If he says no, we can:
- Give mizmo 15 more minutes
- Make lunch 15 min longer
- Make Show&Tell 15 min longer. Ta-da!
- Adjust http://libreplanet.org/wiki/Boston_Software_Freedom_Day to refer to this year's
- FSF will bring... what, precisely?
(Deb's comments in parentheses)
- Make sure the schedule on the wiki is final
- Make a PDF version of it
- on colored paper, if possible
- Combine that schedule with a one-pager about the importance (and definition) of software freedom. (I bet the FSF is bringing these, http://www.fsf.org/resources/what-is-fs)
- When making that, look at "Preparing for the day" at http://wiki.softwarefreedomday.org/StartGuide
- Check that my laptop can join the wifi
- If not, escalate quickly (there will be a person at the front desk, although you could try tomorrow too)
- Find out who will unlock the door at 9am, (there will be a person at the front desk)
- Find out Deb's story for drink tickets (I'm making them at home)
- Ask for Ignite PPTs (or similar) from people
- Create auto-progression slide deck
- Burn 30ish Ubuntu CDs
- if ( paultag.canFind(key) ) paultag can bring a USB key w/Ubuntwo
- Burn (baby, burn!)
- Does VGA at the venue work?
- Whose laptop are we going to project the Ignite talks from? (I don't mine being used)
- Burn something for Mac OS
- http://www.appleusers.org/dotm/september-dotm-free-and-open-source-software-for-mac-os-x/ ? I asked for an FTP login
- http://www.freesmug.org/fscd probably good, has a source disc, which is key