Here are some ideas for getting the word out about free software and programming outreach events that are targeted at women.
The event you're trying to advertise might be women-only, or it might be open-invitation. Use your judgment as to what groups listed here are more and less likely to be interested in your announcement.
Internet groups oriented around women in tech
- The Geek Feminism blog has a bunch of contributors who write for it. Get in touch with one, and ask him/her to write a note about your event.
- You can ask freedeb to let you post to the LibrePlanet Women's Caucus general list: http://lists.gnu.org/mailman/listinfo/womeninfreesoftware
- LinuxChix (Akkana is a friendly person to OpenHatch-y stuff)
- Also they have lots of local chapters. We should try to reach those people, too!
Geek feminism communities page
http://geekfeminism.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Communities is quite impressive.
http://geekfeminism.wikia.com/wiki/List_of_academic_organizations_interested_in_women_in_CS is, basically, a better version of this page.
Colleges and universities
Women's colleges and universities
- Bryn Mawr CS
- Wellesley computer science
Women's groups at all-gender institutions
- Carnegie Mellon Women in CS
- Harvey Mudd women in CS
- Penn women in CS
- Johns Hopkins women in CS
- NYU women in CS
- Columbia women in CS