Why are we doing this?
Our goal is to increase Python community diversity through programming outreach events. Basic programming skills are so empowering and useful that we think everyone should have them.
Most directly, with every workshop we get to introduce 30 or 40 women and their friends to programming in Python. We also strive to:
- Show new programmers and the Boston Python community examples of smart, confident, capable programmers of all backgrounds.
- Bring new, awesome, diverse people into local Python programming communities through diversity and outreach events.
- Inspire other people to run their own introductory workshops and outreach events, and to get more user groups thinking about diversity and outreach.
The 7th Boston Python Workshop will run in July, 2012 at MIT. Join the Boston Python mailing list to receive our event announcements.
Past events and history
- Read the archive.
- join us on the OpenHatch events list, where this and other workshops meet to share and plan outreach events.
- Say hello in #openhatch on Freenode.
- Follow us on Twitter and Identi.ca.