Boston Python Workshop/1/Saturday/Lecture material
On Saturday morning, we'll work through an introduction to the Python programming language. We'll cover the topics below interactively, by experimenting together at a Python prompt and reading and modifying example scripts that demonstrate these concepts. The afternoon projects will be another great way to practice.
- Basic data types: numbers, strings, lists, dicts, and sets
- Printing and comment characters
- Flow control: if, for, while, break, continue
- Error handling
- I/O: raw_input, file I/O, sys.argv
- Classes: classes, self, inheritance
- Modules: importing modules, __name__ == "__main__"
For extra material, see Python's official tutorial.