Welcome to the third Boston Python Workshop: a project-driven introduction to Python for women and their friends!
This workshop is running on the evening of Friday, July 8th, and all day Saturday, July 9th at Google in Cambridge, MA.
To attend the workshop, please RSVP through the Boston Python Meetup. You'll need to create a Meetup account to RSVP. If you RSVP and then decide that you aren't attending, please update your status through the Meetup interface so we can notify someone from the waitlist.
You must be able to attend both days of the workshop to participate.
- Friday evening, 6pm-9pm: set up your development environment, learn how to execute Python code from a file and interactively from a Python prompt, and learn about printing and using Python as a calculator.
- Saturday morning setup, 9:30am-10am: settle in (Google is providing tea and coffee!), get your laptop set up, and review Friday's material. We will start the lecture promptly at 10.
- Saturday morning, 10am-noon: a 2 hour lecture-based introduction to the language.
- Saturday lunch, noon-1pm: provided by Google!
- Saturday afternoon, 1pm-4pm: break out into groups to practice Python through short projects on a variety of fun and practical topics.
- Saturday wrap-up, 4pm-4:30pm: wrap-up, next steps, and upcoming opportunities for learning and practicing Python.
Venue and Logistics
If you have questions about the event, please get in touch with us by sending mail to email@example.com.
Google is hosting and sponsoring this event. They are at:
5 Cambridge Center, Floors 3-6
Cambridge, MA 02142
You will need to sign Google's standard visitor NDA upon arrival on Friday.
There is metered parking with a 2 hour maximum along Main Street and Ames Street by 5 Cambridge Center (you don't need meters after 8pm, so this might be a good option for Friday evening, but not Saturday).
There is paid garage parking at 1 Kendall Square (by the Kendall Square Cinema) and at 5 Cambridge Center.
If you need help making childcare arrangements to be able to attend this workshop, please get in touch with us.
Google is providing lunch on Saturday. If you have dietary restrictions, please include them with your RSVP to the event or e-mail us as you RSVP.
- The Boston Python Workshop runs under the auspices of the Boston Python Meetup, which you can find on Twitter as @bostonpython.
- We use the hashtag #bospythonworkshop.
- ITA Software tweets as @itasoftware and is on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/itasoftware.
- Google tweets as @google and is on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/Google.