Welcome to the second iteration of the Boston Python Workshop: a project-driven introduction to Python for women and their friends!
This workshop is running on the evening of Friday, May 13th, and all day Saturday, May 15th at HubSpot in Cambridge, MA.
To attend the workshop, please RSVP through the Boston Python Meetup. You'll need to create a Meetup account to RSVP. If you RSVP and then decide that you aren't attending, please update your status through the Meetup interface so we can notify someone from the waitlist.
You must be able to attend both days of the workshop to participate.
- Friday evening, 6pm-9pm: set up your development environment, learn how to execute Python code from a file and interactively from a Python prompt, and learn about printing and using Python as a calculator.
- Saturday morning setup, 9:45am-10am: settle in, get your laptop set up, and review Friday's material. We will start the lecture promptly at 10.
- Saturday morning, 10am-noon: a 2 hour lecture-based introduction to the language.
- Saturday lunch, noon-1pm: provided by HubSpot!
- Saturday afternoon, 1pm-4pm: break out into groups to practice Python through short projects on a variety of fun and practical topics.
- Saturday wrap-up, 4pm-4:30pm: wrap-up, next steps, and upcoming opportunities for practicing Python.
Venue and Logistics
If you have questions about the event, please get in touch with us by sending mail to email@example.com.
HubSpot is hosting and sponsoring this event. They are at:
25 First Street, 2nd Floor
Cambridge, MA 02141
Your nearby parking options are metered parking and the Cambridgeside Galleria garage.
We don't have a childcare arrangement for this event, but HubSpot says children are welcome to spent time at their facilities, and we have plenty of room for quiet play areas. Please note that we've budgeted food for attendees and staff only, so kids will need their own lunches. Please don't hesitate to contact us if you have questions about childcare.
HubSpot is providing lunch on Saturday. If you have dietary restrictions, please include them with your RSVP to the event or e-mail us as you RSVP.