Boston Python workshop 2/Friday setup/Mac text editor
On Mac OS, we suggest the Komodo Edit text editor.
To install Komodo Edit:
- Click http://www.activestate.com/komodo-edit/downloads/thank-you?dl=http://downloads.activestate.com/Komodo/releases/6.1.1/Komodo-Edit-6.1.1-7295-macosx-x86.dmg to download the Komodo Edit installer.
- Once the installer is done downloading, start Finder (the blue smiley face on your Dock).
- On the left side of the Finder, under "Devices", there will be and entry for "Komodo-Edit-6".
- Click on "Komodo-Edit-6".
- Click on "Komodo Edit.app" in the center column and drag it to "Applications"
To run Komodo Edit:
- Start Finder
- On the left side of the Finder, under "Places", click on "Applications".
- In the middle column, scroll down to to find Komodo Edit.
- Double-click Komodo Edit to launch the editor.
Now you have an editor that you can use to open any text file, including Python programs.
If you prefer a different editor for text, check with an instructor before moving on to make sure it will work for the weekend.