Steps to get set up
Goal #1: Set up git
Goal #3: Set up Python
Goal #4: Prepare a text editor
Goal #5: Prepare the workshop code, via git
Goal #6: Create a special Python environment for the workshop
Goal #7: Checkoff
Demonstrate to your own satisfaction that the following things work:
- You can open a command prompt.
- You can use cd to get around.
- You can run git and see a help message (rather than "Command not found").
- You can run python in the command prompt.
- You have a text editor configured to use spaces to indent instead of tabs.
- You have done the git clone command to get the workshop code.
- You have a virtualenv where you have installed the workshop's dependencies.