Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Mentors: Krzysztof Tarnowski
- Title: OpenHatch API
- Technical Details: Design and implement an Open API with OAuth support using Django and Django Piston. The API will provide access to various data stored by OpenHatch.
- Further Reading: RESTful Web Services, Google IO 2010: How Google builds APIs, Richardson Maturity Model, What is a good guide for writing and implementing a REST API, A few tips for web API design, Mendeley Open API (reference).
- Skills: Python, basic Django
- Level: Depends on agreed scope. Can vary from Beginner up to Expert.
- Benefits to the Student: Student will learn how to design and implement RESTful APIs.
- Benefits to the Community: The community will be able to access the data to build awesome applications and mashups.
- Comments: A lot of testing will be required to make sure that the API works correctly.