GSoC/2011/Project Ideas/More Missions
< GSoC | 2011 | Project Ideas
- Mentors: Jessica McKellar, Jack Grigg, Asheesh Laroia
- Title: Design and implement more training missions
- Technical Details:
- Further Reading: the existing missions at https://openhatch.org/missions/, write a new training mission
- Skills: Python, Django, mission-specific knowledge: e.g. subversion for the subversion training mission
- Level: [Advanced]
- Benefits to the Student: This is an opportunity to make architectural and design decisions, in addition to implementing them.
- Benefits to the Community: Learning the development and review tools that are a part of open source contribution can be a daunting barrier to new contributors. These training missions help prepare new contributors and lower the barrier to entry into open source development.
- Comments: The original training missions were designed and implemented by John Stumpo for GSoC 2010