Below is a curated collection of stories about open science. Many formats are acceptible - not just articles or blog posts but also videos, twitter summaries, etc.
Topics/Perspectives to Cover
- Open Access/paywalls from the perspective of people outside institutions
- Access to methods/data and uncovering bugs and/or bias
- Reproducibility crises?
- Quantified self/participatory medicine
- Intersection of open science and open source software
- Science education/journalism?
- The Reinhart and Rogoff Controversy: A Summing Up
- What: medium length article in New Yorker summing up controversy in which review of influential research uncovered major errors
- DIY Diagnosis: How an Extreme Athlete Uncovered Her Genetic Flaw
- What: Longform article (maybe too long?) about patient researching her disease
- Clip from "Internet's Own Boy" about open access?
- What: Clip from Aaron Swartz documentary about open access.
- Ben Goldacre Battling Bad Science
- What: TED video about improving access to science
Selected stories will be listed here, with brief description and optionally question prompts.